The Walton County Public Library is pleased to offer our patrons Tech Help appointments. They are one-on-one technology appointments with the library staff’s Technology Specialist. These trainings are designed to help familiarize patrons with common computer and internet functions to encourage digital literacy in our community.
Tech Help appointments can cover the following:
- Basic computer skills
- Email/Internet basics
- Social media
- Office productivity software (e.g. word processing, spreadsheets, presentations)
- Usage of patron owned devices such as eReaders, tablets, and smartphones
- Basic computer troubleshooting
- Using the 3D Printer/Designing 3D objects
- Other computer or technology-related questions
Tech Help appointments policies are as follows:
- Appointments can be between 15-30 minutes depending on the topic.
- Appointments are made based on staff availability.
- Library staff cannot be held responsible for damage to patron-owned equipment.
If possible, please contact us one week prior to request an appointment. Provide a brief description of your technology needs, your electronic device or devices, and also a few dates and times that you’d prefer to meet. On the day of your appointment, please make sure to bring any passwords, devices, cables, and manuals you may need.
We will do our best to accommodate all requests. Please click the Contact Us button below or contact our Library Technology Specialist Daniel Bradley at (850) 635-6995 or BraDaniel@co.walton.fl.us to schedule an appointment.